Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Livin' La Vida Loca

Somedays I think I have been transported to an alternative universe.

While on call this weekend, I went swimming in the Atlantic. I wore expensive sunglasses (something I always argued was a waste of money, and must now reluctantly admit to being useful) while lying on the sand studying for my boards.

I have a trainer and a Pilates instructor. I run - on purpose, and occasionally even well. I have completed two 5Ks, and am training for a half-marathon.

I find myself discussing weekend "getaway" trips to Aruba and Puerto Rico. I now automatically greet people in Spanish, and can hold my own pretty well conversationally.

Is this really an alternative universe, or just having a life? It has been so long since I had a life, I am not sure that I will recognize it when it happens.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations...you might have found a life!! Sounds like a relaxing way to spend your days. I think you need to remember to add DC to that list of vacation trips...I know that it isn't nearly as exciting as Aruba or Puerto Rico, though :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome!! You needed a break from the craziness of your previous life! Good luck with the marathon training--don't break a leg :)

    ReplyDelete