Monday, February 21, 2011

Please sir, I want some more

Not Oliver's gruel - though thank you Mr. Dickens for the line - I want more weekends like this one. It was absolute perfection.

My trainer was out of town this weekend, so I got an extra work-out in Thursday. Thus allowing me to sleep in a little on Saturday. I ran to the hospital for quick rounds, and then headed off to Sawgrass Mills Outlet Mall with a friend. Between the wonderful weather, great company and President's Day sales, I was hard-pressed to leave. Finally made it home just as the sun was setting with a very loaded trunk. Wonderful dinner and a cute Jen Aniston chick flick and the night was complete.

Sunday was a day off work, so a lazy start. Pulled it together by early afternoon to head down to the pool. Two hours of the most perfect weather, great music and complete idleness - I could so adapt to that lifestyle. Quick visit to the nail salon for much needed mani/pedi, then out for another great dinner with friends. Why can't all weekends be exactly like this one?

Back at work today. The hospital is taking President's day off, but the University isn't. Therefore I am at work, but can' get anything accomplished. Very frustrating. Planning to leave early and do a little more sitting by the pool. If I keep up this pace, I may even have a tan by summer. Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment