Monday, May 2, 2011

Trienta y ocho

So I've had a few days to settle into the mantle of 38, and must say so far it is a good fit. Like a good leather jacket or bag, my body is starting to show signs of wear and tear, but to me those are what give it character. I'm just getting my body worn in so that it handles well. I now know how far I can push it, and when I need to give it a rest. There is a lot of power in that knowledge.

I also like the self confidence that seems to come with age. I spend a lot less time these days thinking about what other people think about me. I am finally comfortable in my own skin. I can appreciate the value of me - warts and all. I no longer feel the need to try to achieve some unattainable perfection - I just need to be the best me that I can at any particular moment.

I find myself looking forward to this my 38th year. I am in awe of how far I have come, and can't wait to see where my journey may head next.

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful birthday gift to yourself :).

    Jessica

    ReplyDelete