Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Isn't it Ironic. . .don't you think

Why is it that when I want to sleep late, my eyes pop open by 6 am, but when I actually want to get up early and be productive, I can't seem to drag myself out of bed. As you could guess by my absence from the blog, I have been slammed at work lately. This has me not only missing my friends and regular meals, but also missing workouts.

My plan was easy - get up in the morning, head to the gym (a quick elevator ride downstairs in my building), half hour run, back upstairs for shower and still able to arrive at work by 7 am. It sounds attainable, and certainly not the earliest I have had to get up in my career. However, I simply don't seem to have the willpower. The alarm goes off, and the excuses begin.

I have friends who bike 20 miles to work, run 6-10 miles every morning, or take 5 am boot camp classes, and I can't put in 3 miles on the treadmill? Pathetic is what I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment