Wednesday, October 16, 2013

The Long Goodbye

Don't worry, this post does not end with us in Mexico with Elliot Gould looking for a murderer.

However, the title seemed fitting for my current life. 

Over the course of the last two weeks, I have attended numerous lunches, dinners and two official going away parties.  I by no means wish to sound ungrateful.  The outpouring of what appears to be genuine sadness that I am leaving, is truly touching.  However, it leaves me feeling very conflicted.

A large part of me is beyond excited to move back home to a city that I love which just happens to be near friends and family.  (Another part of me would be to frightened to tell either my mom or Kris that I changed my mind and decided to stay.)  I know that Nashville is the right move for me personally, and I hope professionally.

All of that being said, I currently find myself very sad.  I have truly met some wonderful work colleagues here that have become my friends.  Saying goodbye is hard.  I wish, not for the first time, that when you moved, you could pick certain people to bring with you.  Sure, if everyone got to do so, we could all potentially end up at the same place, but logic isn't the tact to take with me at the moment.

Two days left to work.  Not sure how many more goodbyes I can't handle.

1 comment:

  1. Even though I'm excited about your move, I know how hard it is to leave. Leaving Augusta was absolutely the right thing for us (even though had to leave you!), but it was still very difficult to say goodbye and close that chapter of our life. It didn't help that I was wildly hormonal with a newborn baby either . . .

    ReplyDelete