Thursday, January 23, 2014

Change of Pace

I'm now settled here in Nashville. Some parts of my move have gone better than I could have imagined. Some parts I hope to quickly forget. However, now that I am here and settled, it's time to start having a life. After all that was my excuse for moving up here.  

As much as I would love to sit on my couch and have a life come knocking at my door, I recognize that is unlikely to happen. Unfortunately, it does not necessarily follow that I know exactly how to obtain said life. Therefore, I am hoping to stumble across one while I accomplish a few personal goals that I have decided upon. The goals are meant to be fluid over time, and I plan to transition this blog to a place to keep me responsible.  A place for tracking both success and failures.

I am making the goals with intent. I don't want them vague and/or unable to obtain, nor do I want to overwhelm myself with a long to do list.  Which itself satisfies my first goal - set more realistic expectations.

I'm trying to set my goals in four broad categories:  physical health, mental health, financial health, and my outside the box or something that scares me health.

I'm already off to a good start.

My physical health goal for now is simply to get back into the habit of working out.  I've divided this into two steps. The first was consistently training again which I've accomplished. Step two involves running which I'm still working on motivation.

My mental health goal is a consistent monthly "spa" treatment. This month I'm going for a massage. I have one scheduled on Saturday.

My financial health goal involves retirement planning. I have already hired a financial consultant, and we are working on consolidating my retirement accounts and maximizing my returns.

My outside the box goal is one I'm still working out. I've got a few ideas, but need to do a little more research.

Stay tuned.



No comments:

Post a Comment