Monday, August 25, 2008

I HATE running

My friend Bree runs marathons. Kris is a member of a "running" club. Jill runs for relaxation. Carl runs to improve his tennis game. Susan runs for the high. I hate you all.

I am sorry - I just don't get it. What great secret to you guys know that makes running fun. I feel no high - I feel no personal sense of satisfaction - I feel no great relief of stress. I do feel pathetically out of shape. I "ran" for 30 minutes today. . . by that I mean I ran for about 10 minutes, and walked for about 20. I call myself doing the Galloway method, but in all honesty I couldn't run for 30 minutes right now if someone was chasing me.

What am I doing this if I hate it so much you might ask - believe me I have. Unfortunately, by some cruel twist of fate, running works for me. My body shapes up amazingly well when I run. My legs and butt look great and that inspires me to work out my upper body. Now if only I could convince my self that ab work is worth it.

Oh well, enough about running. I had a horrible day of call yesterday, but an awesome day at work today. I took a first year CT fellow thru a lobectomy. It doesn't sound like a lot, but doing an operation and showing someone else how to do an operation is entirely different. This year here is doing amazing things for my self confidence. If only it could make me love to run.

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment