Tuesday, April 5, 2011

I promise to never do it again

So after almost a year and a half on the job, I finally decided to take my first vacation last week. Will never make that mistake again. The vacation - fantastic. Spent a few days at home, and then a few days here on the beach with my sister. Capped off by Broadway Across America production of WICKED. Excellent. The coming back to work - excruciating. Going back after vacation is never fun, but I am pretty sure it shouldn't be physically painful. Overbooked clinic to make up for the week off. Both partners out of town, so covering all the patients and consults. Oh, let's add some transplants to the mix. Following a heart harvest, a lung harvest, and subsequent lung transplant, I finally crawled into the sleeping bag on my office floor around 4:00 am today. No use going home as I had to be back for a 7 am meeting, and I have three elective cases today which I couldn't cancel. So now here I sit, two cases down and one to go, waving my white towel. I promise to never take vacation again if you will just make the beatings stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment