Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Whirlwind Weekend

I honestly can't recall the last time that I jammed so much stuff into a short two day period.  Related, I can't recall the last time that I felt this tired.

Despite numerous trips to Orlando through the years, I had never been to Universal Studios.  Mickey always seemed the bigger draw.   A friend and I had been talking for a while about seeing "Harry Potter", recently we realized that we were running out of time, so a last minute trip to Orlando was in order.

We drove up Friday night, had a nice dinner, and both tucked in early.  Turns out that was a good thing.  The next day, we started nice and early to take advantage of the early admission to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter.  LOVED IT.  I could move there and be very happy.  (Well except the butterbeer - that was kind of gross.)  Ten hours of non-stop walking and riding later, we stopped for dinner.  We then decided to be brave and head back to the parks for "Halloween Horrors".  I'm not a huge horror person so this was a big deal for me.  It turned out to be scary, but a lot of fun. 

We fell back into bed exhausted a little after midnight.  Surprisingly, we were back in Hogsmeade early the next morning.  Several trips through the Forbidden Forrest later, we finally called it a very full weekend, and headed back home.

Although Disney is still my favorite as far as the diversity of stuff to see and do - I will definitely head back to Universal.  It's much more a straight out amusement park, but those can also be a lot of fun. 

1 comment: