Monday, October 20, 2008

I HATE computers

Computers make my life more difficult. I seem to spend more time trying to figure out why the computer program didn't do what it was supposed to do, than it would have taken to do a lot of the tasks by hand. I know McCain says that putting medical records on the computer will save money, maybe - but it just makes me pull my hair out. And don't even get me started on "computerized order entry systems". My handwriting is quite neat thank you - so get off my back and give me an order form.

My current issues with computers probably stems from my home computer being on the fritz. On Friday night, I downloaded the new "adobe flash player" that my computer recommended that I download, and now it doesn't recognize half of it's own old programs. Nor does it recognize the fact that it has internal speakers. I always like to listen to Itunes when I play on the computer, and currently it is incredibly silent. I spent most of the weekend trying to fix it. By that I mean that I would try something for about five minutes - get incredibly frustrated - and move on to something else. Currently my home computer and I are taking a break from each other. I feel we both need some space to figure out if our relationship is really worth saving.

It is FREEZING up here by the way. I pulled out the Southern card last night and turned my heat on low. I know Kris has claim to the "windy city", but the breeze here is fairly biting. I am starting to have a bad feeling about this winter thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment