Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Whew!

I am still at work. A place that I have spent an overwhelming majority of the last 160 hours. I don't think I worked this hard as an intern. I know I wasn't responsible for such sick patients. It didn't help that I was the only Thoracic resident in town this weekend and four of our patients got sick enough to need an ICU, reoperation or both. Thought things would slow down today, but so far I am wrong. We still have one more case to go.

It does not help that I am also getting sick. I woke up this morning with a sore throat and a fever. Not the end of the world - right?. Well, I was rubbing my neck this am before my first case and found a lymph node. Everyone in the world - medical or not - would say : sore throat, swollen gland - most likely connected. Not me. I have decided that I must have lymphoma. (Yes, Bassam and Jill, not exactly what we learned in medical school, but I think I may need a biopsy.) Oh well, I will continue to obsessively rub my neck to monitor it's size.

I am quite jealous of those of you back in Nashville. You have a Debate buzz going on tonight. Hoping I get home in time to watch it. I completely slept thru the Vice Presidential debate. I had been up the entire night before playing like a doctor on ER and didn't get home in time for an adequate nap. It doesn't sound like I missed much more than a few winks. The SNL - Tina Fey debate was HILARIOUS.

No comments:

Post a Comment