Thursday, November 5, 2009

Throwing in the towel

I have argued here before that I don't think women can have it all. I haven't changed my mind, but forget "all" - I would settle for being able to manage a quarter of it. For the last 10 years, I blamed being a resident for my not having a life. I had such plans for my "non-resident" life. I was going to have so much free time to do things and travel. Wrong.

Where was I planning to acquire this time? I have no idea. My days are still generally 11-14 hrs long, and I am still "slow" at work. I do good to go to the gym and have dinner before it is time for bed. I guess you could argue that I sleep less, but I am only getting 6 or 7 hours as it is. I am currently living for the weekend "off". During these 48 hours off I need to unpack the rest of my belongings that were delivered yesterday, do laundry, go to grocery store, clean my apartment, and study for my boards which are happening in 3 weeks.

How do you mom's do it?

1 comment:

  1. I forfeit sleep :). Yeah - getting through days is sure challenging, isn't it? Why don't they make days longer and work hours shorter?

    ReplyDelete