Sunday, November 1, 2009

The difference a day (or an hour) makes

If at anytime during the last 10 years you told me that I would complain about having to be at work at 7 am, I would have told you to slap me when it happened. I mean from where I came, seven is a luxury. However, I have seriously struggled getting out of bed these past few weeks. I blamed it on the darkness, but was secretly afraid that I had become just that weak.

My fears were laid to rest when my eyes popped open this morning. I felt rested and ready to get up. The amazing part - it was 5:30 am. The great part - the sun was already up. I know that I might feel differently if I had children, but I would MUCH rather have sun in the morning than sun in the evening. Light outside makes it so much easier for me to get out of bed. Now I just have to remember that just because it is dark outside doesn't mean that I can go to bed at 6pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment