Friday, November 27, 2009

Turkey coma

My sister Susan and cousin Adam came into town for Thanksgiving so I wouldn't have to spend it alone. As the "new" girl, I get to work a lot of Holidays for the next year. I had to round yesterday morning, but was just on call for emergencies afterwards. We decided to have a nice relaxing day at home.

We played games, watched movies, and even got a workout in during the afternoon. Dinner consisted of a great Arugula-Pomegranate salad that I found and all the traditional fare - turkey, sweet potatoes, green beans and cranberry sauce. After dinner, we decided to go for a walk around the island before we had our made from scratch pumpkin pie. It was a beautiful night with clear skies and the perfect temperature.

We came back in and turned on a movie. Honestly, that is the last that I remember. The next thing I know my alarm clock is going off this morning telling me that it is time for work. I would argue that someone slipped something in the turkey, but I am the one that cooked it. Susan and Adam must have dozed off too. The pie still uncut this morning.

1 comment: