Sunday, January 1, 2012

2012 - Finally!

I have never been so glad to see the end of a year as this one.  The year 2011 was not my best year, and the frustrating thing is it could have been.  I am healthy, possess great friends and family, a job that I enjoy and allows me to buy really cute shoes, and I live in a city where the sun almost always shines.  Why was this year not better?

I am still struggling with the answer to that question, but with reason or not I found myself ending 2011 feeling a deep discontent.  Mid-life crisis?  Possibly.  Simple realization that life is hard, complicated, and so very far from fair?  More likely.

Regardless, it is time to make some changes and stick to them.  Therefore, I am starting this new year, one filled with endless possibilities with the Serenity Prayer:

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
And wisdom to know the difference.


No comments:

Post a Comment