Sunday, January 8, 2012

Take Two

My first week of resolutions have gone fairly well.  The no shopping thing is hard, but I'm holding on - if only by a fine thread.  Supposedly it takes 21 days for a new pattern to become a habit so only two weeks to go.

Since I have been successful to date, I have decided to up the ante.  It is time to add a few fitness goals.  I know everyone makes the standard - lose 20 pounds, go to the gym more, and start "insert exercise x" here, but I wanted to be very specific and hopefully attainable.

My Fitness Goals:

1 - Get up at the same time everyday to do cardio in the morning.  Supposedly it is best for your metabolism to get your body moving in the morning.  I personally prefer evening work-outs, but I want to do a little something every morning to get things started.

2 - Run a half marathon in under 2:15.  I am already signed up for two, but suspect I will need to add another to obtain this goal, but I'm willing.

3 - Obtain my scuba certification.  Okay technically this is probably not fitness, but it will get me in a wetsuit which has to be a motivator for staying healthy.

4 - Tennis lessons.  I took them while in Nashville and really enjoyed it.  Want to learn enough to be able to actually play a game.

5 - Start cycling.  My ultimate goal is a triathlon, but have given myself my 40th birthday to obtain that one, but I need to start cycling if I hope to be successful.  Therefore, this is the year.

I have a very good feeling about 2012.  Not sure why, but I think that this is definitely my year.

1 comment: