Thursday, March 19, 2009

Not that I am counting

Not that I am counting, but I have 103 days left in my training. Really not counting the 3,550 days of training that I have already completed. I have 13 days of call remaining not including the 14 hrs and 3 minutes that I have left on the call that I am currently suffering through. Two days before spring is "officially" here, not that Philly seems to care. We won't even discuss the infinity of time that I seem to have left before I find a job.

Obviously, I have too much time on my hands today. As mentioned, I am on call. We all know how much I love call, but for some reason today is even more INCREDIBLY, EXCRUCIATINGLY, ASTOUNDINGLY painful. My ADHD (attention deficit and hyperactivity disorder for any living under a rock) is at an all time high. I actually know 1 year old children with greater attention spans than mine. I can't concentrate on anything. Today alone, I have tried to study, tried to write a paper, tried to teach the medical students, tried to read a journal article, tried to read a newspaper article, and tried to listen attentively to my junior fellow's marital troubles - the only success I have had so far is to go completely out of my mind.

At least I am off this weekend, although I am not sure what I am going to do with myself. The way I see it I have two options. I can medicate myself into a deep coma and sleep the entire weekend, or find something to do that requires so much concentration to stay safe that I can actually distract myself from the thoughts swirling in my mind. I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment