Sunday, March 8, 2009

Sprung forward

Check back in next week when I am enjoying light until 8 pm, but as of today - I HATE daylight savings time. Of course, I am on call this weekend so no slow adjusting for me. Even worse, I am in house on call today - no one hour less call for me, just having to be here one hour earlier.

My patients also seem to not be fans. I can't say that I blame them. Who wants a doctor waking them up at what feels (and yesterday was) 5 am just to tell them they are doing well and get to spend another day in the hospital. Let us just say I didn't make fans this morning.

I have spent the rest of the day in the operating room opening a redo sternum and explanting BIVADS. The one good thing about call here - it reminds me each and every time why I am SO HAPPY that I picked thoracic over cardiac. Give me ruptured esophagus at 2 am any day of the week.

At least I am post tomorrow and it is still supposed to be gorgeous. I really need a mani/pedi before the job interview.

No comments:

Post a Comment