Monday, December 14, 2009

Brace yourself

Okay everyone take a deep breath and brace yourself. I have some devastating news. Ready? . . . . I have lost the will to shop.

I know this is quite shocking for everyone. I too am still coping with the news. I never thought something like this would happen to me. I did all the right things. I read Glamour and Cosmo. I watched Sex and the City and What Not to Wear. I only watched award shoes to comment on what everyone was wearing. I even got an education so that I could support my habit - (I am missing the gene that says that $800 is too much for a pair of shoes). How did this happen?

I have had slumps in the past. Times where I had to talk myself into the mall. However, once there I always had a good time. Shopping is therapy for me. The simple act of walking through a mall lifts my spirits. I don't even have to purchase anything - although buying helps.

Whatever shall I do? Is there a doctor for this kind of thing? My other therapy is eating - not a good alternative.

No comments:

Post a Comment