Sunday, September 14, 2008

I have been scalped!

So, my roots had gotten pretty bad - you know trailer-park bad. I had the weekend off, so I decided girl grooming should ensue. I am a slow learner. I ended up blond because I went to have my haircut and colored post call. Yet off I went to the "teaching" salon for my post call hair cut. In my defense - the "different" looks that I got in the past were somewhat agreed upon by me. I would at least in my sleep deprived haze say something along the lines of "do whatever you like". I did not say that this time. In fact, I distinctly recall telling the butcher that hacked at my hair that I was mainly there to get my roots touched up. I really liked the hair cut that I had gotten the time before and only wanted a trim. I asked if she could just take the dead ends off the back, and shorten my bangs.

Needless to say, that is not what happened. I have NO hair left. It is horribly short and I did not want short hair. My issues with short hair are many. First, I have had long hair my ENTIRE life. Shoulder length was a walk on the wild side for me. I only went that short because of Oprah saying women my age should not have long hair. Secondly, I have a very round face. Skinny or overweight, my face is a perfect circle. Circle faces do not do short cuts. A fact touted in every fashion magazine. Third, short hair actually requires a lot of work. I can't wake up late and throw this hair into a pony tail. It isn't long enough to pull back. Also, as an ironic aside, my stick straight hair now has an annoying tendency to curl up on the ends. Without help, my hair does a Jackie-O thing in the back, and curls under in the front. This is not a simple easy to care for cut.

I have considered extensions, but I shutter at the idea of "fake Britney hair". I have already added extra protein to my diet to try to make it grow faster. To be completely fair, I do like the color. It is less gold and shiny which is good for the fall. If I ever get enough nerve to go back for a hair cut - many months from now - I will be finding a real hairstylist. Enough school for me. You should all be thankful that you live far away and do not have to see this atrocity everyday. I have covered my mirrors. I will check back in a couple of weeks.
Happy Birthday to my friend Bree :). She turns 30 today. Welcome to the best decade of your life. (Not sure I believe it yet, but it is what I am supposed to say). All honesty, hope you had a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment