Monday, January 12, 2009

What was I thinking?

Back at my fittest, Jill had talked (bullied - semantics) me into lifting weights. I never learned to like the abs or glut exercises, but really enjoyed the arm exercises. I also enjoyed the results. I had truly toned arms and really enjoyed wearing sleeveless shirts for the first time ever. Like many other aspects of my fitness, I had let the weights go.

As part of my New Year's resolutions, I wanted to reclaim them. I had already restarted the eating well and cardio, but wanted to reclaim the toning. I am trying to figure a way for Jill to quit her general surgery training (I mean come on - she is in the last year - what else does she need to know?), and move here to train me. She is without a doubt the best work-out partner I have ever had. She completely kicked my butt, and never let me wimp out or get away with any BS. However, until I can make those arrangements, I started retraining on my own.

Did I mention that I started today? I did upper body. You know how they say the soreness doesn't kick in for 24-48 hours? - that has me VERY scared. My arms are so tired that I could barely lift my arms to shampoo my hair just now. We won't even talk about how poorly I shaved my pits. I am seriously nervous that I may not be able to move my arms by this time tomorrow. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment