Saturday, January 29, 2011

And now a word from our sponsors . . .

Yesterday morning I pressed pause on the drama that is my life. The original plan was to compete in the Warrior Dash in Orlando this weekend. My plan was to drive up on Friday and enjoy the weekend. Plans changed when my partner decided to leave town on his weekend on call. However, I refused to concede my day off.

I started the day with a leisurely breakfast and a little Matt Lauer. I then headed off to the gym. My trainer was going to the Warrior Dash so I had changed my Saturday workout to Friday morning. It was a much better idea before I had to reschedule my Wednesday workout to Thursday night. I would not recommend two hard circuit sessions within 12 hours, but I survived. After a little time in the steam room and a hot shower I was off again.

Needed to stop by the VA briefly - am covering Cardiac surgery there next week (Don't ask). Work accomplished - off to the mall. Theoretically I needed conditioner from the Aveda store, but in reality I needed retail therapy. Unfortunately the stores didn't get the memo. I couldn't really find anything that I wanted. After leaving with only a lone skirt, cuticle cream and the needed conditioner, it was time to head back to the gym.

No, I am not a masochist - it was not another workout. It was a massage, and not just any massage. I had booked a 90 minute deep tissue with David. It was truly much needed torture. I didn't realize how knotted up I was until David decided to unknot me. Although painful at the time, I now feel like a million bucks. I topped the evening off with a great book and a bubble bath.

Today has been mostly catching up on paperwork that I have been avoiding for weeks, and a grocery store run. It has been a fantastic hermit weekend. (Don't worry I still hate cats and actually am headed out to dinner with a friend tonight.) I push play on the work world again tomorrow, but at least I had a much needed commercial break.

No comments:

Post a Comment