Monday, July 14, 2008

City Living





I have now promised several people that I would post pictures of my apartment. Before I do so - some thoughts on my apartment. It is SMALL. I have decided actually to never move again. When I was a surgery resident, I had a three bedroom house with a large back yard. When I moved up to a Cardio-Thoracic Fellow, I moved down to a two bedroom apartment. I have now moved up to a "Super" Fellowship, and am living in a one bedroom closet. If this is the way things go, I can't aford to be an Attending. It probably means living out of my car. ( A little something to think about Jill when you start looking for that "real" job soon. Wow, I can't believe my little intern is the big bad chief.)


I do like my apartment, don't get me wrong. It has high exposed ceilings which give it a whole funky urban feel. I have tried to adapt my "comfortable and eclectic" style to look a little more contemporary. The ceilings also give it the feeling of spaciousness - - that is right up until you are trying to find places to put things. Then you realize there is no storage space, two whole walls are windows, and a third wall has a large support beam in it. Hopefully some more of you will be able to swing by this way for a visit and check it out for yourselves.


Work continues to go well. Things are a little slow right now. We only did five cases today. I know that sounds like a lot, but we have two rooms - so it is not really. Turnover between cases here is ATROCIOUS. Oh well, more time to study for my boards. Okay, I'll save room for my pictures.


No comments:

Post a Comment