Saturday, July 19, 2008

Too Much Time?

I never thought I would say this - but I have too much free time.

Before several of you buy plane tickets to come here and hit me over the head - hear me out. I have not had loads of free time in quite some years, I fear that I have forgotten what to do with it. I know I am still settling in to Philly, and haven't yet made a lot of female friends, but that is not even what I mean. I have plenty of things that I should be doing today. I need to mail Matt's birthday present, send some thank you cards, shop for groceries, go to the gym, call some friends, and the list goes on and on.

However, because I have nothing else to do this weekend, I keep telling myself I have plenty of time to do it later. It is now four hours past my normal start of the day, and I have accomplished absolutely zero so far. Now one, could argue that I deserve a lazy day, if one did not know as I do that I have had two weekends full of lazy days. I need to be productive. What is wrong with me that I can only function optimally when I am running full out at the end of my rope? Am I getting lazy?

I try to reassure myself that I just need to practice, but I am open to any ideas. I would lie to you all and tell you that I need to end this blog so that I could run some errands, but the chances are that I will curl up on my couch with a book and accomplish nothing else for a few more hours.

Yours,
Couch Potato

No comments:

Post a Comment