Wednesday, July 9, 2008

My parents are deserting me

Survived my first night of in house call - barely. My black cloud followed me here to Philly. First night on call - I have a stab wound to the heart and a patient on the floor dies (saved both), but not exactly a nice quite night. Spent a good portion of yesterday asleep.

When not asleep yesterday, I finished unpacking most of my stuff and hung a few pictures on the wall. Finally starting to look like an apartment. A surprise to no one but me - I have A LOT of stuff. Embarassing tidbit I swore I was going to tell no one but Kris, my dad had to add closet space into my bedroom for all of my clothes. Ridiculous I know for someone who spends most of her time in scrubs.

My parents are leaving for Georgia tomorrow. They have been seeing the city and reporting back to me about what I should see and things to skip. Most things they have enjoyed a lot. We all took a trip to Lancaster, PA on Sunday and went thru the Amish countryside. Beautiful. We also rode over to Hershey and did the tours. I will be honest, a whole town devoted to Chocolate is my kind of town. My dad also got his "authentic" Philly cheese steak last night so he is happy and ready to leave. (He had one earlier in the week, but didn't think it was all that special.)

Hoping to see my friend Beth with Calla and Giulia this weekend. It will be nice to have a girls weekend and catch up. I am off for the second straight weekend - unheard of for me, but I could get used to it. I think I have found my "cable" box so I will get some pictures added soon.

my life today: sunny and pleasant

No comments:

Post a Comment