Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Heading Home

Just finished packing for home. It is truly amazing how much one can get into an overnight bag when really trying. This will be my first experience traveling on "the busiest travel day of the year" - so I am trying to keep it simple. I am carrying a small enough bag to fit under my seat - no fighting for overhead space or waiting at baggage claim. I am taking the rail to the airport - no waiting on a cab or "the horror" - parking. I even have alternate plans in place for my parents to pick me up in Atlanta if my connection to SC gets delayed. All that said - I am still prepared for a long journey with its share of hiccups. At least I get to go home for Thanksgiving.

My friend Kris has continued to blog daily from her trip to Chicago - she is such a better person than I am. I will let you know how everything went when I get back on Sunday. To those of you I don't get a chance to talk to - HAPPY THANKSGIVING! Don't eat too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment