Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Gremlins

Since Hollywood seems to be in the process of remaking every film from my childhood, I am hoping Gremlins is next. I am fairly certain that I currently am living with at least 3. My friend Jess and her family were up this past weekend. Unfortunately, my place wasn't spic and span, but it was at least reasonably presentable. We enjoyed a nice weekend although I worked way too much of it. I was in house on call Sunday, and they headed back to DC.

When I came home on Monday, my apartment looked still in need of dusting ( I had hoped Micah would have a go at it), but otherwise as it had been on Friday. I threw in some laundry, had breakfast, and curled up on the couch for a nap. At some point, I woke up and threw in a new load of laundry, had lunch and moved my nap to the floor. Next time I regain consciousness it is 2:45 am and I am answering a wrong number call from my work phone.

After politely informing the caller that I had zero interest in his ridiculous consult, I looked around my apartment. I had been ransacked. There were dirty clothes in the hallway. . . clean clothes in the chair . . . dirty dishes in the sink . . . empty Indian food containers on the counter. . . and a full sleeping quarters in the middle of the living room floor. How can I (a fairly neat person at baseline) completely destroy my apartment in less than 12 hours? Appalled as I was, I did not clean up at 2:45 this morning. I crawled back into my comfy floor bed and went back to sleep. I am dreading going home today though, because I am afraid what the Gremlins have been up to while I was gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment