Saturday, December 20, 2008

Bah Humbug!

I have no one to blame save myself, but that does not make it any better. I went Christmas shopping today. Today - 5 days before Christmas. I have NEVER shopped this late, and now I understand why. Turns out A LOT of people shop late. I am fairly certain that I met every single person that lives in the greater Delaware valley today. At least half of them were at Macy's.

I LOVE to shop. Truer words have never been said. However, I do not like shopping in the cold shoulder to shoulder with a lot of pushy people desperately looking for that last Christmas gift. It was many things, but fun not one of them. At least I am finished. Now I just have to do some wrapping - I actually like wrapping. It is a great stress reliever for me.

I LOVE Christmas - at least I did until this year. I just haven't been able to truly get into the seasons. I have several theories as to why, but won't bore you with them. I have simply decided to call this year a wash and start planning the biggest Christmas celebration ever for next year. A little Scarlett O'Hara is called for along about now. Tomorrow has to be a better day.

No comments:

Post a Comment