Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Farewell 2008

I have conflicted feelings about 2008. It was a year of highs and lows for me. Professionally, I finished my Cardiothoracic fellowship, but for reasons I currently question I tacked on an additional year. Socially, I have met some great new friends and moved closer to some great old friends, but have moved too far away from some of my best friends. Financially, I would complain about how poorly surgical trainees are paid, but in light of the current economy it would make me look incredibly petty. Personally, I still haven't figured out the whole guy thing. I was hoping that Northern guys would have less issues with my job, but I guess at the end of the day guys are the same everywhere.

I can't say that 2008 will be a year that I look back on with a lot of fond feelings, but I will count my blessings. I have a job that I enjoy; AMAZING friends; good health (even if it is only "good for my age"), and a wonderful family. All in all not a horrible way to end a year. Here is hoping for a happy, healthy and financially secure 2009 for all of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment