Sunday, October 18, 2009

Fear

I have my first case as the Attending physician tomorrow - two cases actually. Four months ago, I wouldn't have thought either was a big deal. In fact, for the past several years my cases for tomorrow wouldn't have even gotten me to the operating room. They are without a doubt junior resident cases.

Since nothing else going on tomorrow, my Thoracic fellow (way more dedicated than I might have been) is planning to show up to do the cases. Let's recap. I have two relatively simple cases that I have personally performed hundreds of times with an experienced resident. My question - why am I scared to death?

1 comment:

  1. You will do a great job! I think it is so much time off, and feeling "responsible." Once you clear this hurdle, it will be just fine! You can do it!! - Jessica

    ReplyDelete