Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Sold!

They say every girl has her price - turns out mine is a mall. In my defense, it is a REALLY great mall. As many of you know, I have struggled falling for Miami. I tried the beach, the pool, the "strip", and even the museums. I was learning to like it, but still not overly infatuated.

Well that ended yesterday. I have avoided malls since moving here - something about taking an alcoholic to a bar, but yesterday I went in search of Apple and Aveda stores. I needed a jacket for my phone, and conditioner for my hair. I started South of the city in Dadeland Mall. It was okay - it has a Saks, but was arranged oddly. I found my Apple store, but no Aveda.

Therefore, off I went toward Ft Lauderdale and found nirvana . . aka Adventura Mall. Somewhere between Kate Spade and Bloomingdale's - I was in love. This is the real thing not some short-lived affair like the ones in my past. Adventura and I can be happy for years to come. I only walked out with the needed conditioner and a Body Shoppe body butter, but do I have plans once I get a paycheck. This could get dangerous.

On the work note, it looks like the stars might actually align this week. I am now official at 2 of the 3 places, and looks like the last one should come tomorrow. I am beyond excited, but will admit a little nervous. I'll just have to remind myself that money is necessary for shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment