Tuesday, January 12, 2010

End in sight

I know that I get no sympathy when I complain about how cold it is here, so forgive me this post. It has been cold here. Reportedly this is the coldest winter in 75 years. At the risk of making it all about me - why does that statement seem to follow me wherever I move? Is mother nature trying to toughen me up?

Yes, I remember living in Philly. Yes, I remember needing six layers of clothes to walk out the door. Is it that cold here? No. The difference - I was expecting it there. A lot should be said for expectations. Two days before it "turned cold" here, I was wearing flip-flops on the beach. Sorry, but I am old, my brain can't adjust that fast.

Thankfully our long cold winter is almost over. Weather forecast for this weekend - 80 degrees and sunny.

No comments:

Post a Comment