Tuesday, March 16, 2010

I could learn to like this

Despite losing an hour of my weekend off, I must admit it was truly idyllic. The benefits of living in South Florida finally became truly evident to me this weekend. I went to bed Sunday almost liking Miami - which is a big step forward in our relationship.

Saturday began with my first ever 5K run. I finished MUCH slower than I would have liked, but I am giving myself a break since I actually finished it. The race was along Ocean Drive on South Beach. I had the Ocean on one side of me and shopping on the other - talk about living the dream. The weather was also cooperating - the rain from the day before had left behind clear blue skies with temps in the low 70's. After the race, I had my hair cut. This is perhaps the one dark spot on my weekend. I will just say that my stylist is trying to resurrect the pixie cut. I am truly ambivalent about it. Sometimes I look at it and think cute - sometimes I look at it and think OMG how short.

After the hair cut, I headed off for my Pilates class. For the first time in 6 weeks, I actually felt like I "got it". Pilates is much harder than I anticipated. It looks easy enough when other people do it, but I didn't appreciate how much ab work is involved. After Pilates, I had a shower, talked to a couple of friends, and then headed back out for Art and Design night in the Design District. It was more fun that I thought it would be, and I stumbled across an actual Christian Louboutin store. Talk about Art and Design - beauty personified. That store could spell serious trouble for my financial future.

Sunday was more low key. Church in the morning, and then plans to finally do my taxes. However, I concluded that it is absolutely impossible to pay taxes when it is 84 degrees with blue skies and a beach nearby. So, I put them off yet again and hung out on the beach for the rest of the afternoon. I went with a couple of residents from work. They were both trying to avoid getting sun while I was actively seeking it. Of course, I am as pale as ever, but it was still fun.

Yesterday was a LONG day of clinic, but I saw several patients who actually need operations. Always a good thing. Maybe I am finally settling into things here - now if only they don't close my hospital.

1 comment: