Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Old fashioned - maybe

Okay, call me old-fashioned, but I don't get what kids are wearing these days. By kids, I should tell you, I mean the next generation of female physcians. If the only difference between your work attire and your club attire is the amount of make-up you are wearing - it is WRONG!!!!!

I may not approve, but I understand that "appropriate" attire for physicians is an evolving thing. Not my choice, but if you want to wear chinos or dark-washed jeans during the week, as long as you pair it with appropriate shoes and top - I may not like it, but I can live with it. When you wear hooker shoes, skirts that barely cover anything, and a glittery top, I think you might be missing the point.

The hospital, contrary to popular nursing belief, is not a place to pick up guys. There is no bar where you can "look" your way into free drinks. I personally would have a very hard time taking menu advice from these women - I certainly would struggle at the idea of my life being entrusted in their hands.

Okay - I'll step down from my soap box and let everyone return to their activities - for which I am confident you are all appropriately dressed.

3 comments:

  1. *sheepishly going back to closet to take off my glittery tube top and short shorts*


    LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree... And I often wonder what kind of person can wear that crap and actually work!! There must be some posh jobs out there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think it is old fashioned - I totally agree!

    ReplyDelete