Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Tall personality?

During my Pilates session yesterday, my instructor paused to readjust one of the machines. She made the statement that I was a little bit shorter than she, so she needed to lower the machine. As my trainer is about 5'10", I laughed and said the Cuban definition of little is different than the American one.

With a perplexed look, she asked: "what are you 5'6" or 5'7"?" After offering to make her an eye appointment, I responded that I am 5' 2 1/2" tall. She laughed and said she didn't believe me. Why anyone would lie about being shorter than they actually are is beyond me, but to appease her, I allowed her to measure me.

Much to my dismay - I hadn't grown at all. I still stand as short as ever. Her response - "it must be your personality. You seem so much taller than that."

1 comment: