Friday, March 26, 2010

Make that an Ark

Since moving to South Florida, I have been trying to find a friend with a boat. I want to head out to the open seas with the wind at my back, lie on the deck soaking up rays, or even try my hand at water skiing once again. I don't know what it is exactly about it, but I love the water. It relaxes me and makes me happy. We had a power boat when I was a kid, and my favorite vacations usually involved the week we spent camping at the lake with the boat. Why not buy a boat you ask? Time, expense and hassle. My solution - a friend who owns a boat and invites me out on it. I haven't been successful yet, but I am still looking.

I was starting to think a slight change of plans would be necessary as I headed out this morning. It rains a lot here, however it never seems to rain very hard or very long. You can usually wait 10-15 minutes and the sun is shining again. Not so much this morning. I have tickets to the symphony tonight, so I changed my work-out with my trainer to this morning. A couple of times on the drive to my gym, I was seriously worried about being swept to sea. At one point, I literally had water about 1/3 way up my door, and I drive an SUV! There were a couple of Porsches and a Ferrari sitting off the side of the road - I assume flooded. I eventually made it to both the gym and to work, but the flooding is fairly impressive. Forget the boat, I am looking for an ark.

No comments:

Post a Comment