Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Act II Scene 1

Arrived back in Little Rock today. Not without some drama. I was scheduled to leave Philly at 7:45 am. The weather was awful - cold and rainy. We boarded without difficulty, but didn't actually take off until 9 am. Can I tell you how boring it is to sit on a runway for 1 hr and 15 min. I had a layover in Atlanta. I was supposed to arrive at 10 am and leave at 10:50. Anyone that has flown thru ATL knows that depending on where your terminals are - connections can be tricky. We landed at 10:20, but as only seems to happen in Atlanta, there was a plane already at our gate. Therefore, we didn't exit the plane until 10:40. I had 10 minutes to get from A8 to D27. Let's just say I got my cardio in for the day, and found out what it is like to be the absolute last person to board a plane. Amazingly my luggage also made the connection.

I decided to rent a car so that I could explore the area a bit. Unfortunately, they were out of GPS systems so with map in hand I headed off to the hotel. As an aside, anyone traveling through Little Rock should spend some time at the Capital Hotel. It is an old relic that has been completely renovated and is GORGEOUS. I had a couple of interviews this afternoon, and then headed out for dinner.

Dinner was good, but I ate way too much. I am currently suffering through an "I feel fat" phase and my huge dinner did not help. (It was also the major problem with my packing.) Tomorrow is the "big" interview day, and we actually talk money. This is a very odd concept for me, but we will see how it goes. Since I was operating very late last night, and then had to come home to pack - I am heading off to bed. Will let you know how things go tomorrow. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment