Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Addicted

Okay - I have a confession. My name is Tammy Baxter, and I am a TIVO addict. I realized I had a problem last night when instead of watching the show I wanted to see, I chose to read - not because it is better for me, but because I didn't want to wait through the commercials. I knew I could watch it tonight minus the commercials on TIVO.

I can't say that this is the first time I have done this. The only shows that I watch consistently are Oprah and LOST. I also record West Wing - which is ironic if you consider I have the entire series on DVD, but I digress. I haven't watched any of these shows real time in months. Granted I am not usually home for Oprah, but am not sure that would change anything. I am almost always home for LOST and choose to watch it the next day or my favorite wait until it is about 30 minutes in and start watching the recorded version. It finishes only about ten minutes later than the "live" version minus the commercials.

They say the first step is admitting you have a problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment