Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Embarassing

A few days ago, I blogged about how out of shape I have become. I had recognized that it was true, but did not fully understand how true it is. In a bout of post call euphoria yesterday, I headed to the gym (after my nap of course.) I decided to run on the treadmill.

A little back story . . . I haven't exercised in a month, but I haven't run in SEVERAL months. However, it works for me and I want to be a runner if only I could get over that running part. I spent 30 minutes on the treadmill and ran just over half that time. I would run for a few minutes and then spend a few catching my breath. Luckily I had the workout room to myself because it was highly embarrassing.

Since my pride is now involved, I headed back to the gym today. My legs hurt to much for another go at the treadmill so I spent some time on the elliptical. I will tackle the treadmill again tomorrow. I refuse to be this out of shape this young.

No comments:

Post a Comment