Wednesday, September 30, 2009

CSI: Miami

Thanks to Kris, I have recently become addicted to CSI: Miami. The only "cops and robbers" show that I had previously watched was Law and Order. (The original - not a fan of the million spin-offs. ) My mom kept telling me how good the CSI's were, but I had never taken the hint. While in Nashville, I watched an episode of CSI: Miami with Kris and Bassam and got hooked.

For those of you who don't watch, it is a show about crime scene investigators who work for the Miami-Dade Police Department. Each show begins with the medical examiner and a dead body, and ends with the finding of the killer. The middle is filled with halfway realistic science, and totally inaccurate medicine (but I am used to that part). Sounds good in theory right? Watching a show about a city full of killers, drug addicts, gangsters and prostitutes is always fun - as long as you are not living in said city. Perhaps now was not the best time to become a fan.

As I run along the water in the mornings, I look for dead bodies among the rocks. As I walk around downtown, I find myself looking in the bushes (not sure for what). I am now convinced that I will either be involved in a bomb explosion or a shoot out. I pick out guys that I am convinced are drug dealers. The prostitutes are harder - the normal dress code down here would get you arrested in most states. (We'll just say that Miami women believe in showing skin - LOTS of it.) You better believe I am going to follow the first grey Hummer I see on the road in the hopes that "Eric" pops out of it.

The funniest part - instead of becoming scared to enjoy my city - I now go looking for the places I see on the show. My one pet peeve with the show is the way the characters dress. We wear a lot of white down here, but 6 inch heels and a white suit to a crime scene - please! I can only extend my fashion sense so far even in make-believe.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds kind of fun! I like CSI - I don't do the CSI spinoffs like Miami or NY.

    ReplyDelete