Tuesday, September 15, 2009

The good

I have spent quite a bit of time listing all of the things I haven't liked about Miami. I thought today I would share my favorite. Here are a few shots of the view from my balconies.

First is the view to the west. It is best seen from the balcony off of my office and guest room. In the center is the Miami river. The surrounding area is "downtown" Miami. It is mostly hotels, condos, and financial buildings. There is a drawbridge that is just off view in my direction. It is an endless source of fascination for me.

These views are to the east. In the first picture you see Northern Biscayne Bay in the forefront. This is the estuary area of the Miami river and the Atlantic. It seems to be an incredibly popular place for speed boats, jet skis, and sail boats. It is very rare to look out the window and not see at least a couple of boats out there. In the middle of the picture is the Port of Miami. It has some cargo, but mostly serves the cruise line industry. You can tell the day of the week based on when the cruise ships come and go.



This is a closer image of the Port of Miami. As you can see, the cruise line industry is still alive and well. At least 3 or 4 ships come and go each day Friday thru Monday. Just beyond the Port, you can be the skyline for Miami Beach. Miami Beach is separated from Miami by the Intercostal Waterway (aka Northern Biscayne Bay). It is divided into both a North beach and a South beach. North beach is mostly full of my age and up professionals living in some AMAZING condos.
South beach is the "hip" place to be. It is very art deco so not really my taste, but worth experiencing at least once. The lights at night are pretty awesome. The beach is gorgeous with amazing water color. You can see a little of the Atlantic at the top of the picture. On a clear day, you can see large ships on the horizon. All in all fairly fantastic. The views at night are in a class all of their own, but I can't get get pics of them with my camera. Guess you all will just have to come down and see them in person.





























1 comment:

  1. Totally beautiful!! I can see why you love your place so much!

    ReplyDelete