Sunday, September 6, 2009

What have I done?

I know it is wrong to complain about a city that I am just getting to know. I also recognize that since I haven't started to work yet I am guaranteed to like the city less. For me it takes being out and interacting with my community (i.e. the hospital) to really get to know a place.

Therefore, I have tried to be very careful about making judgements yet. I have smiled and vowed to learn Spanish. I have gritted my teeth and tried to adapt to a more laissez-faire approach to work. However, tonight crossed the line. I decided this afternoon that Indian or Thai would be really good for dinner. I sat down at my trusty computer and set out to find the appropriate place. Since I am still in sweats (despite the fact that I never actually made it to the gym), I wanted delivery.

You can not get Thai, Indian, Italian or Chinese delivered in this town. No - I am not exaggerating. What city doesn't have bad delivery Chinese? I called everybody. You can get Cuban, Cuban and oh yea Cuban. That's it. There are other ethnic restaurants, but they don't deliver. Where am I????

2 comments: